Ingredients of New Shama Iksir Gurda
- Ammonii chloridum (Naushadar) : Ammonium chloride is used as an expectorant in cough medicine. Its expectorant action is caused by irritative action on the bronchial mucosa, which causes the production of excess respiratory tract fluid, which presumably is easier to cough up. Ammonium salts are an irritant to the gastric mucosa and may induce nausea and vomiting.Ammonium chloride is used as a systemic acidifying agent in treatment of severe metabolic alkalosis, in oral acid loading test to diagnose distal renal tubular acidosis, to maintain the urine at an acid pH in the treatment of some urinary-tract disorders.
- Black Salt (Namak Siah) : Kala namak is considered a cooling spice in Ayurveda and is used as a laxative and digestive aid. It is also believed to relieve flatulence and heartburn. It is used in Jammu to cure goitres. This salt is also used to treat hysteria and for making toothpastes by combining it with other mineral and plant ingredients.
- Rock Salt (Namak Lahauri)
- Potassium Nitrate (Shora Qalmi)
- Potassium Carbonate (Jawakhar)(Patparya Khar)
- Sodii biboras (Suhaga Kham)
- Ferula foetida (Hing)
- Piper nigrum (Filfil Siah)
Dosage of New Shama Iksir Gurda
- 1 tablet with 5 gms Majun Hajrul Yahud in the morning and evening.
Indications of New Shama Iksir Gurda
- Kidney stone
- Urinary tract infections
Precautions of New Shama Iksir Gurda
- Keep away from children’s reach.
- Self medication is not recommended.
- Store in dry and cool place.
- Close medicine cap tightly after every use.
- Keep medicine in original package and container.